Thursday, February 26, 2009

Calligraphic Ornaments CD-ROM and Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art Series)

Calligraphic Ornaments CD-ROM and Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art Series)Add a note of elegance to countless graphic-arts and craft projects with 166 copyright-free designs depicting lovely swirls and curlicues reminiscent of 18th-century pen flourishes. Ideal for enhancing ad copy, menus, newsletters, scrolls, certificates, much more. Disk contains all items in book.


Customer Review: Same content as Ready-to-Use Calligraphic Ornaments By Takahashi (Dover)

Buyers shoud be aware that this book has the same content as an earlier Dover book,Ready-to-Use Calligraphic Ornaments by Kiyoshi Takahashi. This is better becuase it comes with a CD, but it is the same collection of images.



The .eps format dissapointed me...like other reviewers, I was hoping vor vector based images. I did have good results with Illustrator CS2's live trace tool. I turned the images into plain linework, then added the thick/thin look of calligraphy by applying Illustrator's calligraphic brushes. A bit if work, but the results are nice.

Customer Review: No Vector But Great When Converted

I must say I am glad that I read the other reviews so that I was prepared when I purchased this item. It is a bit misleading that the CD contains files in EPS format because they act just like a placed image in Illustrator. HOWEVER, with a program like Adobe Streamline, the images are absolutely GORGEOUS. I highly recommend this item along with Streamline. In the end, the quality workmanship of a Dover book is found in this product.
Buy From Amazon

0 comments: